November 4, 2010




The Pictures in the blue shirt are from my halfway point.




Wow! these would scare me, but now I just laugh at them. this is when I started I had to take these Laurie made me. ha ha

Where do I began? I want to write this down for myself and for all the wonderful people who have loved and supported me.


I hope it doesn't get boring lol! but this is my story! Its long but please read to the end for my Stats:


When we moved to AZ we knew the Lord had guided us here for whatever reason. we didn't know for what reason yet.


After we moved here, we changed over our health insurance but what we didn't know is that they wouldn't insure me, I was to much of a risk and I was over there weight limit of 174, ha ha which was funny because Daren put on my application I was 175. I was really 200 pounds, yes I know it was astronomical!! but such as it was. I talked with the company and told them they were discriminating against me because I was as they knew it one pound over. but they needed a Doctors note to say I had lost that pound.

I was devastated because I knew I was sunk, with my families health history I was a dead man!
or woman as it was.
So Daren and I signed up at LA fitness, 32$ a month was a steal, and then I knew I needed some weight training so we signed up with a Trainer for a year and payed monthly, it was fun but I wasn't getting anywhere, I loved my trainer Lorenzo, he had lost over 50 pounds himself so it kept me motivated! but I was eating the same and knew I needed to change, we all did. and as you know my hubby is the greatest cook around. but we didn't really know how to eat. we thought we did. lol!

So I joined WW. I had done OK at that so I thought I would give it a try. it just taught me how to cheat! well almost one year later maybe 10 pounds came off and went back on, I was sitting at home, crying wondering how in the heck I was going to get my weight off to 174 for insurance. I agonized over it everyday! I knew if I were to get sick I would wipe my family out.
and before we had moved Dianne and I had hysterectomies a month apart and she was unfortunatly diagnosed with Cancer, I was lucky my was just a huge fibrod syst, I was devastated for her! and scared for myself, she went through 3 chemo treatments and lost her hair, something I would never wish on anyone.
so long story I was scared.
I had prayed a long time for Father in Heaven to help me be able to figure out how to loose weight.
I was visiting with my wonderful visiting teachers and Heather told me about a lady in our ward at the time that she had worked with to get her baby weight off. and I knew I needed to go to her because she was a Nutritionist, healthy eating nothing weird, no pills (just vitamins.) no weird food, its everyday food that we all eat just made healthy! I was scared and embarrassed to ask her for help, in the mean time Brianna is engaged to Lance and was getting married in July of 2009 and I wanted to look nice for the Wedding, but only loosing maybe 8 pounds, and also in the back of my mind the insurance thing. I knew I had to do something I was miserable.

Daren and I talked about it and I prayed hard to figured out ways to cut back on things in our life so I could be able to go to her. it was the most rewarding 150$ for a 90 day meal plan I have ever spent.(her prices are different now I dont know what they are lol!) I was worried about it, because I knew that meant a food change too, when Daren o' wise one. said "You cannot put a price on your health, I love you and just want you to be happy and healthy!" What a wonderful man I married!

So I decided to be brave and email this lady that Heather had given me her name, I emailed Laurie Donaldson, someone I had only briefly talked to at church, she emailed me right back and told me she would love to help me. wow that was quick.

On September 26, 2009, after filling out all the online information she required, which I felt was embarrassing because I hated that I had to tell her I had High col. and no insurance and that was the two main reasons I need to loose weight.

I met with her and started that day. When I bought the meal plan she had specifically made for my age, height, body type, weight and at that time health issues, Daren took one look at it and said "Oh your going to be great at this, its right up your alley" and anyone that knows me would know that too, because when people would ask me where to go eat or what to eat, I always said I don't care you pick, ha ha. he knew then because it was like a road map, everything I needed to eat when, what, and what time, it was great! I was so excited to start.


Well the first week I lost 9 pounds and that was more than a year at WW. wow! this was great! something in my brain clicked and I thought "Kim you can do this!!"

It was everything I needed. it was quite a change because the three things I couldn't have was Salt, Sugar and Milk, but I had dairy in other things, just not a glass of milk and that was hard at first because I love milk! and I know now that Salt is a killer for me and anyone, our bodies just can't handle it in large amounts and we don't even realize it till its to late and I was a salt freak! I salted everything before I even tasted it and loved salty things and I know now that was one major ingredient my body could not process and get rid of, weird I know but when I cut out salt and still do not have it to this day, my body loves me.

Well as you know it has worked for me, I have people ask me all the time "where is the magic pill I want it" ha ha I wish!! I was still going to LA fitness 3 times a week working with Lorenzo and on the other 3 days a week (yes I work out 6 days a week, I thank Heavenly Father everyday for the 7th day of rest) I would do Cardio at home, I walked my block I walked/jogged on my Treadmill, I swam, and Biked at the Gym too,

It was 3 day a week of 30 minutes of weightlifting (dang hard) then I did an hour of cardio.
I did my time with Asparagus believe me, (natural dieretic) (sp)6 months for my morning and afternoon snack! with my protien! I got up every morning early and worked out, and when I went on vacation I got up and ran the track next to Brianna and Lances apartment. and when we ate out on vacation I ordered exactly what Laurie D. told me too. usually chicken no butter or salt and a salad not dressing just vinegret. lol!
believe me it wasn't easy it was very hard, especially when your son-in-law can stay skinny and eat like a COW! lol! it was hard not to just give in and order Pizza, burgers, fries which I haven't eaten very many fries in over a year.

During this time my family was noticing the actual change in my attitude, my body and all around health. I was happier than ever. I know I wasn't perfect because we all have bad days, and some may say its because of the weight loss but it was just life and bad days happen to all of us, so we all cant be upbeat all the time, we just have to do our best.

Whitney wanted Laurie to help her because of the change in me. and she started in November. and then Daren and Brianna. Kenzie didn't need one she was already skinny but still lost some weight just eating healthy like us.

Julie came to visit in November and saw the changes in all of us and wanted the magic pill too! lol!! she started in December. and then Sarah. its been a life change for the good for them also, they are working so hard and I am happy for them. and so proud of them too!
This has been the best 13 months of my life and also the most challenging, I am an emotional eater and because of the things that have happened in my life, I had hidden all my feelings with food. and taught my kids to do the same, at one point about January 2010, I had hit a wall, I was sitting at home crying again, and thinking to myself, I can't do this anymore I was fat and happy why was I doing this? I didn't want to eat healthy or exercise at all anymore. Out of the blue Laurie who was in Pasadena CA at the time called, she said she had been praying for me the night before and felt that I need her and that she should call, I was in shock to say the least, I cried on her shoulder for seems like forever and told her how I was feeling and that I felt like a horrible Mom that 2 of my daughters had a meal plan and it wasn't easy for them at all to be 21 and 22 and being told what to eat and when everyone, around them, can eat whatever, it was hard. and after she listen to me for a while she just told me "Don't ever say you are a bad mom again! you are the greatest Mom because your girls are on a meal plan and learning how to eat healthy for life and in turn they will teach their children, and you have broken the cycle of emotional eating in your family, you have let other people in your life dictate how you should feel and eat, get up dust your self off and refocus you can do it and I believe in you!" that made all the difference in the world that is why she is such a wonderful person because she prays about her clients and makes them realize they can reach their goals. and doesnt let you feel sorry for yourself and quit, something I needed!!
Well as you guessed I made it to 174 and then Laurie asked me now what? I said do you think it is possible for me to get to a certain weight that I haven't ever been? and she said Why Not! you can do it. what is your goal, I had no clue but for my height and bone structure it was on the charts as 130. so that's when I kept going.
This has not been easy I know that people see me as different and have had a hard time accepting me looking and being thin and confident, something Laurie told me would happen, because when she started doing this 10 years ago and lost 40 pounds herself she lost many friends, they couldnt accept that she had changed for the better, she said it is hard when people loose weight, its hard for other people to accept it because it is something that everyone struggles with, self image. that part of this has been difficult for me to digest that people have a hard time loving others that have lost weight or me at size 8, I am the same person as I was at a size 18, I am not saying this about anyone in particular, its just what happens.
This truly has changed my life, I have more energy, I don't hurt as much other than sore muscle which is pretty much all the time. lol!! I feel a renewed happiness in my life that has not been there in a while my family tells me they can't believe how happy I am and I love most of all when we are at our favorite family place DISNEYLAND that I can keep up with them, I am not behind and them waiting for me at the next ride, I am not out of breath when I go up stairs, my feet don't hurt anymore, I am more confident and don't worry about stuff that happens in life, I roll with the punches. I can run and jog, I did 4 miles in 1 hour on the Treadmill the other day and I was so excited I don't remember that last time I could run like that.
I am going with my family and the Q's to a Thanksgiving morning to do a 10k, and I am little scared but I know I can do it, and I have never had the confidence to do that before. It has just been the greatest thing ever! I want to help everyone feel like I do! I am so excited and like to talk about the changes it has made. (sorry)
I am happy I was able to do this myself, my wonderful husband that loves to make things up with food at dinner time and has kept this fun and not boring, but it is up to me to eat healthy get up and workout everyday thats been hard but fun. but without him in my life I am nothing! I love you Daren you are my world! you have helped me so much! I love my girls, and lance they have been so supportive in this all and have worked as hard as I have I am so proud of them and all they have accomplished themselves because I know how hard it is!! I can't thank them enough for there courage and sticking to it and their great attitudes!! Thanks Family!! and my wonderful Friends! lol!
I know this is long but I cant leave anything out! its kinda helps to write it all down. I know now for a fact why we were sent to live here and like Laurie said if it was just to meet her and get healthy, then it has all been worth it, I believe it is true! I am so thankful for everyone that has stuck by me, supported me and wrote wonderfully uplifting things on FB, it has really helped and has made me feel so special and I cant thank you enough for that kind of love!
and I don't know if Laurie reads blogs but if you do, I know I have said this a million times but you have saved my life! and I am so glad my loving Father in Heaven sent you to bless all our lives it has been an incredible journey and now that I am on maintenance I cant stop here and just coast I have to do the same things for life, but I am excited that I made it to here! I couldn't have done it without YOU! you are my dear friend and my ROCK! (inside joke) I love you and glad we live close and I can still come and play and visit, and that our friendship doesn't stop here! Thanks and Thanks to all!
I know probably corny as my girls would say!
Best 150$ I have ever spent on my self in my life, like Daren said how can you put a price on your health!!
Oh almost forgot the most important thing my stats! ha ha the first ones are not pretty so don't gasp!
Ok so when I started this is on a 45 year old at only 5 feet!
Weight was 198.6
Body % Fat which is the one to worry about not the scale was 42.6 % (heart attach zone big time) Laurie said that was way scary.
my total body inches were: 211.25 ugh!!
NOW: November 3, 2010
WEIGHT: 140 ---- 58 lbs lost
BODY FAT: 29.2%---- 13.4% lost Normal range 29. so I an under it.
TOTAL INCHES: 149 ----- 62.25 inches lost!
my Family looks so great!! and no one did it for them but them. lol!!
Whitney has lost almost as much as I have, I am so proud of her!! 57 pounds!! amazing!!!
Brianna has lost alot also and I am so proud of her too! 45 pounds!!! amazing!
Kenzie has lost 15 and that is amazing!
Daren about 30! amazing!! (I like that word!!)
Lance is thin and can eat anything, and we are proud of him. lol!! hahaha
that is the most amazing part! thanks for letting
me share this with you, sorry it was so long! ha ha









3 comments:

  1. YOu seriously are amazing!!! And I am so glad you shared your story with me because it is changing my life! Ilove you!!!!! Thank you for being my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim, I found your blog via Reean and I'm so glad I did!! I hope it's okay, but I'm going to copy your post and email it to a dear friend. THANKS for your inspirational story.

    ReplyDelete